Summary of Grant Submission Requirements
- The Foundation supports sustainable organizations that improve the quality of life in Western New York.
- Grants are limited to non-profit organizations which have obtained tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Code.
- All applicants must have three years of 990 filings in order to be eligible to apply for a grant.
- Grants are limited to agencies that are physically located in one of the seven counties of Western New York: Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, and Wyoming.
- The Foundation will allow the submittal of one application per 501(c)(3) organization at a time.
- Organizations who have been granted an award may reapply to the Foundation two (2) years following the final payment of a grant.
- Grants will be considered in these categories:
- Human Services
- Urban and Rural Development
- Arts, Culture, and Humanities
- Housing, Park and Land Use
- Grants for the following types of groups and uses are not made:
- Religious Organizations for Religious Purposes
- Political Organizations, Campaigns, and Candidates
- Municipal and Government
- Grants or Loans to Individuals
- Fund-Raising Events, i.e. Sponsorships, Tables, Dinners, and Telethons
- Operating Expenses
- Hospital Capital Campaigns
- General Capital Campaigns
- Please note that it is our normal practice to schedule a meeting with applicants after receiving and reviewing their proposals, schedules permitting. This is exploratory in nature and does not in any way indicate a predisposition of the Board toward approval.
- A Letter of Inquiry must be submitted online.
How to Apply
Step 1: Letter of Inquiry. Deadline dates for Letter of Inquiry submittals are June 30th and November 30th. Other deadlines may be available and will be posted on the online portal. You will be notified with an approval to move to the application process or a denial.
Step 2: Application. Not all applicants will be invited to Step 2. Deadline dates for the application is three weeks from notification to proceed.
All grant applicants will need to create an account on the GLM system when they first use it. Your organization's basic information will be stored for future use when new applications are submitted.
To apply please follow the link below: